Doctor of Theology
Credit Hours: 45
Prerequisites: Master’s Degree or Equivalent
The Doctor of Theology degree focuses on historical, systematic, and biblical theology. Professional ministry issues are not a focus of this program. Nevertheless, the program is designed to provide a theological foundation for ministerial service. The program consists of 13 courses, 3 semester credit hours each, and a dissertation for a total of 45 credit hours. The curriculum for this degree program is produced by some of the world’s top biblical scholars and theologians and serves persons who wish to explore disciplines within Christian theology.
Courses You’ll Complete to Earn Your Degree
- GBTH635 Rightly Dividing the Old Testament
- GBTH630 Rightly Dividing the New Testament
- GBTH640 Covenants
- BTH121 Systematic Theology I
- BTH221 Systematic Theology II
- BTH343 Systematic Theology III
- BTH454 Systematic Theology IV
- GBTH600 Advanced Theology
- GBTH500 The Pastor as a Theologian
- GBTH560 Graduate Hermeneutics
- GCED600 Creative Bible Teaching
- GBTH615 The Kingdom of God
- GBTH620 Christian Apologetics
- DISS401 Dissertation
Each student will be assigned an academic advisor to help him or her throughout this program.
(Courses are subject to change at the suggestion of your academic advisor)
A total of 40 semester hours are required, with a minimum of thirty semester hours from CBIS. A 2.5 GPA is required on a scale of 4.0. Each course is worth 3 semester hours.
Total Cost w/o Books: $6,600.00